Wushu Studios is looking for a talented Technical Designer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be working closely with our Design and Engineering teams to develop creative solutions to a variety of complex systems and tools and implementing those elements into the game. You’ll be a technical reference for other team members, where you will assist, advise and otherwise support your colleagues when needed. The Technical Designer should be adept at creating prototypes and turning those design ideas from concept into shippable game mechanics.
In general, you will be hands on in-engine with the production and implementation of working game features in collaboration with other designers, programmers and more. Providing feedback to improve tools and methods is critical, as is the ability to iterate on feedback and fix bugs. The ideal Technical Designer will have a passion for games, a strong understanding of the design principles behind those games, and the ability to adapt to a fluid, changing work environment as new challenges arise.
Click HERE to apply.
- Be a technical reference for other team members where you’ll assist, advise and otherwise support colleagues when needed
- Be hands-on with the production and implementation of working game features in collaboration with other designers and programmers
- Create prototypes and turn those design ideas from concept into shippable game mechanics
- Provide feedback to improve tools and methods
- Iterate on feedback and fix bugs
- Proven experience in technical design, scripting or similar
- Strong familiarity with at least one gameplay engine such Unreal Engine or Unity
- In-depth knowledge of scripting one or more scripting languages (i.e., Blueprint, XML, Lua)
- Skills and experience to rapidly turn around feedback
- Online portfolio which clearly illustrates relevant work experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in one or more of the following: AI, animation, tools, gameplay
- Understanding of 3D game math (e.g. vectors)
- Experience with 2D/3D software
- 1 or more shipped titles
- Proficiency in C/C++/C#
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Parental leave
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity events
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Branded Merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.