As Lead 3D Artist, you’ll report to the studio’s Art Director and be primarily involved in leading the team in the creation of game-ready AAA art assets. As an accomplished artist, you should be able to demonstrate strong creative, visual and technical skill and have a passion for creating believable assets with the ability to produce high quality content.
This is a highly collaborative role so you will also need to effectively communicate with multiple teams as well as external studios in the implementation of assets and to solve problems and perform necessary changes as required. As part of the team, you will maintain the high standard of modelling, texturing and PBR material creation.
Click HERE to apply.
- An excellent understanding of game development and art creation processes
- Ability to support the Director in the managerial responsibilities for the project, including planning, resourcing, reviewing performance and providing feedback
- Liaising closely with clients to ensure the project follows the brief
- Ability to define styles while ensuring delivery of the project is cohesive and consistent
- Proven ability to support more junior artists with their development, offering feedback, advice, and best practice
- Demonstratable artistic skill within a specialism
- High proficiency in Maya, Unreal, Zbrush and Substance or equivalent packages
- Experience with Unity or Unreal Engine and Photoshop
- Able to adopt best practices including reporting on progress, risks, and issues.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to track progress, motivate and delegate to the wider team as necessary
- Ideally previous experience leading a team of artists
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.