As a VFX artist, you’ll be collaborating side by side with our art and tech teams to build amazing effects that enhance gameplay and set the visual mood and tone for our environments. You’ll be passionate about creating a wide variety of spectacular visual effects across all aspects of our games, ranging from environmental to character interaction effects and to compliment events within the game world. You will work closely with Art and Game Directors to help deliver the game vision from your position at the cutting edge of game VFX.
Click HERE to apply.
- A passion for game visual effects and a natural instinct to source and learn bleeding edge VFX techniques
- The ability to create and maintain efficient, modular particle and visual effects using tools such as Unreal’s Niagara
- A solid understanding of modern game engines such as Unreal/Unity and the implementation of VFX within these engines
- Highly proficient in applications such as Maya, Photoshop and Substance with a solid understanding of procedural workflows
- Familiarity with using source control and a good understanding of production tools such as Perforce and Jira
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Houdini, EmberGen and After Effects would be a bonus
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.