Wushu Studios is seeking an exceptional Art Director to oversee the visual aspects a title which will be developed in Unreal Engine 4. The ideal candidate should be able to nurture inspiration through all phases of the development cycle, from pre-production right through to launch. This position requires a high level of creative and technical ability in defining the direction of concepts and the approach developing projects.
Click HERE to apply.
- Support the art, narrative, and design goals of the project
- Partner with creative leadership to identify & manage issues related to both technical & stylistic direction of the project
- Drive and oversee 2D and 3D concepts to modelling, lighting, animation and VFX to maintain cohesion
- Work alongside design teams to support and improve gameplay experience via art-driven solutions to design challenges
- Coordinate art schedules and staffing to achieve specific goals and execute artistic vision of the project
- Experience displaying hands on creative leadership within game development
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases both professional and personal artistic achievements
- Experience and at least one shipped title using Unreal Engine 4
- Strong technical understanding of modern 3D pipelines and real-time engines
- Fundamental understanding of the broader game development pipelines and processes
- An understanding and appreciation of deadlines and working to them
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to write and maintain key art documentation
- Able to mentor and guide the art team to create your vision
- Experience in creating and delivering artistic vision and effective communication of that vision across the team using concept art and any other relevant means
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.