Wushu Studios are looking for a talented Senior Level Designer to bring their experience and creativity to our talented cohort of game developers.
You have a solid background in level design, having built a career out of both the ideation and construction of game worlds across several titles. You have a firm grasp of what it takes to make a good level, and an understanding of the theory that underpins the players journey through your worlds.
This is a highly collaborative role operating alongside a mixed team of coders, artists and game designers. You have the breadth of experience to represent and evangelize level design within a team, the ability to balance the many demands made on your levels and the communication skills to share your vision and mentor others.
Click HERE to apply.
- Previous professional experience in level design
- Experience in crafting gameplay experiences from concept to completion
- A proven track record in game design with at least one published title
- Experience with 3d modelling packages for white boxing
- A working knowledge of game engines (UE 4 or similar)
- Previously published titles in a level design position
- Experience in scripted events
- Experience with agile processes and project tracking software
- Experience with rapid prototyping
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.