Wushu Studios is on the lookout for a talented Technical Animator to join our team! If you’re a person that can own the pipeline from rigging to skinning to animation, then you’re a great fit! You’ll work closely with our 3D modellers to create top-tier animations, improve workflows, tools and enhance the animation quality on all of our titles.
As a Technical Animator, you’ll need to possess some effective time management and organizational skills.
Click HERE to apply.
- Work with the art and tech teams to create in-game animation
- Skinning and rigging characters, creatures and vehicles alongside our art team
- Developing, maintaining and documenting our animation systems and pipelines
- Assisting the production team in planning animation work
- Strong practical experience with technical animation
- Firm understanding of animation principles and techniques
- Experience with either Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
- Highly proficient in Maya
- Good knowledge of 3D-related mathematics
- Strong understanding of skinning and rigging assets
- Methodical, able to document and communicate technical work clearly and concisely
- The ability to think with initiative, work flexibly, give and receive feedback
- An understanding of technical limitations with excellent problem solving skills
- Previous experience in the games industry
- The ability to create tools and plug-ins
- An understanding of character animation
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.