Wushu Studios is looking for a talented and energetic Senior Game Designer to drive innovation and excellence in our games in development. This is a highly collaborative role so partnering with leads from other disciplines is crucial. As the go-to person for defining and implementing complex content into the game, you’ll exercise control over the fundamentals of what makes our games fun.
Click HERE to apply.
- Work closely with all internal teams from art and design to engineering to help define the direction and vision of our titles
- Apply a strong dose of imagination to create fun and thrilling new experiences to delight players
- Define and develop game features from prototype to shipping quality using Unreal Engine 4
- Continuously provide feedback to other members of the team
- Create easy-to-digest design documents
- Extensive knowledge in game design or similar role
- Experience with at least one gameplay engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity
- An understanding of what makes good gameplay: movement, animation, control, cameras, user interface and a feel for the secret sauce that binds all these together
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills and experience to rapidly iterate ideas and turn around feedback
- Familiarity with modern video game trends, gamer psychology, game mechanics and how to apply these in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of logic and one or more visual scripting languages (i.e., Blueprint, XML, Lua)
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Expertise in one or more of the following: AI, animation, tools, gameplay, UX, UI, gameplay monetization
- Experience in Maya or other 3D packages
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.