As a senior programmer at Wushu Studios, you’re critical to our development pipeline. With your comprehensive understanding of best practices, ability to avoid unnecessary complexity, and technical expertise across multiple aspects of video game programming, you’ll be making a huge impact on the exciting projects we work on.
Click HERE to apply.
- Work on a variety of projects and tasks in various engines and languages
- Write high quality and reliable code on a timely basis
- Occasionally oversee and mentor junior engineers on the team
- Be hands-on with code, implementing features and attending to bug fixes as needed
- Work with other Lead Programmers and Producers to plan your tasks as well as those of your team
- Collaborate with teams to deliver testable builds in regular fashion
- Be proactive in tackling technical issues
- Proven experience in programming
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and/or C#
- Experience in PC and/or console programming
- Proven proficiency in a modern programming language
- Experience working with other languages such like Java and/or scripting languages like Lua or Python
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Experience in Unreal Engine and/or Unity
- Experience leading a team is a plus
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.