As a Gameplay Programmer you’ll work closely with our design team to prototype and implement gameplay systems and features. For our programmers, variety is the spice of life. As such, your work will take you into all areas of gameplay engineering from mechanics to animation, from UI to physics and VFX. As a creatively minded programmer with a track record for creating fun and engaging experiences, math will be a strong point along with excellent problem-solving abilities and great communication skills.
Click HERE to apply.
- Develop and maintain tools and systems necessary for designers to create missions and build complex gameplay mechanics across multiple genres
- Work alongside other developers to design and implement new gameplay features
- Produce and maintain well-engineered and reliable code
- Create and manage documentation and functionality tests for game features
- Actively participate in code reviews on projects in development
- Optimize and debug code as required
- Experience as a gameplay programmer or similar role
- Proven proficiency in a modern programming language
- Understanding of algorithms and mathematics involved with gameplay and computer animation
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in Unreal Engine and/or Unity
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- A friendly working culture and environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- x 4 Half-day Fridays (during the summer months)
- A day off on your birthday
- Parental leave
- Workplace pension scheme. Currently, our employer contribution is 3%
- Ongoing training and development
- Access to Udemy courses and GDC Vault
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Weekly Yoga Class
- Anti-Crunch ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Free parking
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Social Events/Project Launch Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Branded merchandise
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
As an equal opportunities employer, Wushu Studios is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Wushu Studios.