Wushu Studios is looking for a talented Technical Designer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be working closely with our Design and Engineering teams to develop creative solutions to a variety of complex systems and tools and implementing those elements into the game. You’ll be a technical reference for other team members, where you will assist, advise and otherwise support your colleagues when needed. The Technical Designer should be adept at creating prototypes and turning those design ideas from concept into shippable game mechanics.
In general, you will be hands on in-engine with the production and implementation of working game features in collaboration with other designers, programmers and more. Providing feedback to improve tools and methods is critical, as is the ability to iterate on feedback and fix bugs. The ideal Technical Designer will have a passion for games, a strong understanding of the design principles behind those games, and the ability to adapt to a fluid, changing work environment as new challenges arise.
If this sounds right up your alley, then don’t wait! Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself – we’d love to hear from you.
- Be a technical reference for other team members where you’ll assist, advise and otherwise support colleagues when needed
- Be hands-on with the production and implementation of working game features in collaboration with other designers and programmers
- Create prototypes and turn those design ideas from concept into shippable game mechanics
- Provide feedback to improve tools and methods
- Iterate on feedback and fix bugs
- 3+ years experience in technical design, scripting or similar
- Strong familiarity with at least one gameplay engine such Unreal Engine or Unity
- In-depth knowledge of scripting one or more scripting languages (i.e., Blueprint, XML, Lua)
- Skills and experience to rapidly turn around feedback
- Online portfolio which clearly illustrates relevant work experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in one or more of the following: AI, animation, tools, gameplay
- Understanding of 3D game math (e.g. vectors)
- Experience with 2D/3D software
- 1 or more shipped titles
- Proficiency in C/C++/C#
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays (Includes our annual Wushu Xmas Studio Shut Down)
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Summer Half-Day Fridays
- Charity Events
- Free Parking
- Day off on your birthday!
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.