Wushu Studios are continuing to expand and have an excellent opportunity for a proven Technical Director to join the team. We are looking for a highly motivated, technically experienced individual with both exceptional communication skills and a good understanding of video game development processes.
Reporting to the Directors, the Technical Director is responsible for setting the standards of programming across the engineering team, ensuring that correct tools and methodologies are used, and that skill development of the team meets the artistic and design needs for our projects.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s have a chat!
- Work alongside the Technical Leads to manage the programming requirements across multiple projects
- Work closely with design and art directors to establish project technical requirements
- Identify project technical risks and provide contingency solutions
- Research and advise on new technologies and best practices for our projects
- Research and implement solutions to improve the development processes in the studio
- Identify technical recruitment needs for the company and ensure smooth onboarding process
- Promote a strong and supportive cross team culture of candour and excellence
- 7+ years experience in the industry
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience leading programming teams in a similar environment
- Demonstrate strong leadership, providing technical experience and know-how to the programming team
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to manage conflict
- Strong Agile Project Management understanding and experience
- Deep understanding of video game development processes across a variety of disciplines
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays (Includes our annual Wushu Xmas Studio Shut Down)
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Summer Half-Day Fridays
- Charity Events
- Free Parking
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.