At Wushu, Technical Artist is a critical role in driving the look of our games. Your primary responsibility is to bridge the gap between art & code, playing an important role in developing visual features and shaping the art production pipelines we use in development.
We’re looking for someone who will live and breathe at the cutting edge of technical game art. As a Tech Artist, you will help identify emerging technologies, create tools and processes to streamline our artist’s daily workflows, and assist the wider team in delivering assets and features on time and within technical budgets.
Reach out to us at email@example.com if you feel you’re a good fit!
- Create tools to improve the efficiency of the art team and the performance of our games
- Work closely with the code, art, and design teams to improve the game’s performance and memory usage
- 2-3 years’ experience in games or VFX production and at least one shipped title
- Hands-on experience working with third-party engines including Unreal Engine and Unity
- Good knowledge of CG fundamentals (modelling, texturing, shading, lighting etc) within Maya, Max, Blender or similar
- Ability to debug and optimise complex assets and implement efficient rendering and VFX techniques
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skillset
- A solid degree in computer science or equivalent
- Good understanding of graphical maths, applied to game development
- Proficient scripting in Python, C# or similar
- Experience with Houdini, Niagara and Substance a bonus
- A working knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages such as Maya and Photoshop
- Basic understanding of C++
- Knowledge of lighting workflows, material parameterisation and cameras
- Portfolio showing key technical art skillset
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays (Includes our annual Wushu Xmas Studio Shut Down)
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Summer Half-Day Fridays
- Charity Events
- Free Parking
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.