Wushu Studios is looking for a talented and energetic Senior Game Designer to drive innovation and excellence in our games in development. This is a highly collaborative role so partnering with leads from other disciplines is crucial. As the go-to person for defining and implementing complex content into the game, you’ll exercise control over the fundamentals of what makes our games fun.
Reach out to us at email@example.com to learn more about this exciting role!
- Work closely with all internal teams from art and design to engineering to help define the direction and vision of our titles
- Apply a strong dose of imagination to create fun and thrilling new experiences to delight players
- Define and develop game features from prototype to shipping quality using Unreal Engine 4
- Continuously provide feedback to other members of the team
- Create easy-to-digest design documents
- 5+ years experience in game design or similar role
- Experience with at least one gameplay engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity
- An understanding of what makes good gameplay: movement, animation, control, cameras, user interface and a feel for the secret sauce that binds all these together
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills and experience to rapidly iterate ideas and turn around feedback
- Familiarity with modern video game trends, gamer psychology, game mechanics and how to apply these in a production environment
- Strong knowledge of logic and one or more visual scripting languages (i.e., Blueprint, XML, Lua)
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Expertise in one or more of the following: AI, animation, tools, gameplay, UX, UI, gameplay monetization
- Experience in Maya or other 3D packages
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Relocation Assistance
- Free Parking
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.