Wushu Studios is looking for a talented and energetic Game Designer to drive innovation and excellence in our games in development. You’ll work closely with all internal teams from art and design to engineering to help define the direction and vision of our titles. You’ll apply a strong dose of imagination to create fun and thrilling new experiences to delight players. This is a highly collaborative role so partnering with leads from other disciplines is crucial.
You’ll create detailed and easy-to-digest design documents, define and develop game features from prototype to shipping quality using Unreal Engine 4, and continuously provide feedback to other members of the team to improve our games. As the go-to person for defining and implementing complex content into the game, you’ll exercise control over the fundamentals of what makes our games fun.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to have a chat!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with at least one gameplay engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity
- An understanding of what makes good gameplay: movement, animation, control, cameras, user interface and a feel for the secret sauce that binds all these together.
- Skills and experience to rapidly iterate ideas and turn around feedback
- Familiarity with modern video game trends, gamer psychology, game mechanics and how to apply these in a production environment.
- Strong knowledge of logic and one or more visual scripting languages (i.e., Blueprint, XML, Lua)
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Expertise in one or more of the following: AI, animation, tools, gameplay, UX, UI, gameplay monetization.
- Experience in Maya or other 3D packages
- 1 or more shipped titles
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
- Breakout Areas
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.