Hello fine followers!
We’re wrapping up our Inktober series of Wushu Weekly blog posts this week!
Here’s a look at the last pieces. Once again a special thank you to both Lucy and Adam for their incredible work last month.
Lucy Anna Lowe – Lead Artist
In her own words:
- A: Legend
- B: Treasure – “Abu and the Magic Carpet looking scathingly on at Aladdin.”
Adam Du Buisson – Concept Artist
In his own words:
- C: Sling
- D: Tread – “He wonders across the cosmos, collecting only the loneliest of stars to adorn his celestial cloak.”
- E: Treasure
- F: Ghost
- G: Ancient
- H: Dizzy
- I: Tasty
- J: Dark – “From 2010 to 2012, I was obsessed with drawing these characters that came to me out of the blue one day. I didn’t know what to do with them at the time and I didn’t have the knowledge to develop them into anything else. So, I completely abandoned them until now. They need a lot more time in the oven but I’m fairly happy with the new look!”
- K: Coat
- L: Ride
- M: Injured – “A Jotunn”
- N: Catch
- O: Ripe – “The cold nights kept this one fresh… or more rotten, long into the Christmas holidays”
And finally, all of Adam’s work in one magnificent illustration! We’d play that game.
Some of the Wushu crew were lucky enough to spend some leisure time at the local Arcade Club; home to over 300 modern and classic arcade machines. Design Director Nigel Kershaw took the opportunity to dive in thanks to all the free-play machines!
“It’s a wonderful arcade club – two floors of an old warehouse stuffed with more classic arcade machines than you can imagine, all on free-play. Proved that I ‘still got it’ by getting
Our Head of Production, Jo Daly, also had the chance to attend the Women in Games brunch in Manchester while some of our more creative team members recently participated in our annual Wushu Halloween Charity Cake Day. All proceeds will go to SpecialEffect, a UK based charity which uses video games and technology to enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities! And last but certainly not least, 2019 continues to kick our butts as we drown in games. We’ve been playing something from almost every genre out there!
- Escape From Tarkov
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- RingFit Adventure
- Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
- The Outer Worlds
- Yakuza Kiwami 2
- The Division 2
- Outer Wilds
And that’s the end of this week’s Wushu Weekly! We hope you’ve enjoyed the incredible artwork from our staff for Inktober and this little update into the studio. Remember to follow us on all of our social channels on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to stay updated on future announcements. Until next time!
The Wushu Crew