Just nailed your game art degree and find yourself looking for a challenging industry role? Well you’re in the right place, Wushu are looking for an enthusiastic graduate 3d artist to come and work with us at our Liverpool based studio. Under senior artist mentorship, you’ll be able to develop your skills while contributing to several ongoing game projects. Nestled deep in the heart of the city’s digital creative hub, the Baltic Triangle, we strive to hire talented, passionate individuals from a variety of backgrounds to help us create imaginative and diverse worlds. It’s all about your ability to innovate and willingness to be genuinely creative.
As a Junior Artist, your role will be to create high quality, efficient art assets and to work closely with the rest of the team to help shape the artistic vision for our games.
• Create high-quality 3D models and textures from concept art and photo reference
• Strong planning and time estimation skills with an ability to prioritise tasks and solve problems in a timely manner
• Effectively communicate thoughts and ideas with peers and supervisors, collectively working towards larger artistic goals
• Work closely with the wider development team to maintain the visual target in production
• Optimisation of existing game assets such as 3D models and textures
• Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues
• BA/MA graduate of a relevant 3d or games related degree course
• Enthusiasm for developing your skills as a 3d artist and making the transition to working within a studio environment
• Creatively minded with a strong eye for detail and consistency
• Excellent understanding of using Maya, 3ds Max (or similar) alongside Substance Designer/Painter in the creation of efficient game-ready assets
• Solid working knowledge of Unreal
• Understanding of next generation art techniques such as PBR rendering
• Ability to create both realistic and stylised artwork as defined by the project art direction
• Good collaborative and analytical skills, a strong creative drive is a must
• Ability to conceptualise, present and execute ideas and to work well within a team environment
• Experience working within an established game development team
• Solid knowledge of Unreal Blueprints, able to implement 3d models as functional game assets
• Traditional drawing/painting skills
• Understanding of broader 3d generalist techniques such as 3d animation, VFX, motion graphics etc
• Use of version control systems such as Perforce/Github
• Experience with production tools such as Jira/Hansoft
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.