We’re looking for a creatively minded 3d artist to come and work with us at our Liverpool based studio. Nestled deep in the heart of the city’s digital creative hub, the Baltic Triangle, we strive to hire talented, passionate individuals from a variety of backgrounds to help us create imaginative and diverse worlds. It’s all about your ability to innovate and willingness to be genuinely creative.
As a 3d Artist, your role will be to create high quality, efficient art assets and to work closely with the Art Director and Lead Artist to help shape and define the artistic vision for our games.
• Highly self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently
• Create high-quality 3D models and textures from concept art and photo reference
• Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and solve problems in a timely manner
• Effectively communicate thoughts and ideas with peers and supervisors, collectively working towards larger artistic goals
• Work closely with the wider development team to maintain visual target in production
• Ability to ensure optimisation of all game assets including 3D assets, VFX and texturing
• Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues
• Previous experience as a 3d Artist, with at least two games shipped
• Creatively minded with a strong eye for detail and consistency
• Solid understanding of Maya or 3ds Max in a game development environment
• Excellent working knowledge of Unreal
• Understanding of next generation art techniques such as PBR rendering
• Ability to create stylised artwork as defined by the art direction
• Great collaborative skills, rigorous analytical skills and strong creative drive a must
• Must have the ability to conceptualize, present and execute ideas
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Solid knowledge of Unreal Blueprints, able to implement 3d models as functional game assets
• Good understanding of broader 3d generalist techniques such as animation, VFX, motion graphics etc
• Use of source control systems such as Perforce
• Experience with production tools such as Jira/Hansoft
• Experience working as an artist on shipped AA or AAA titles
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.