We’re looking for a creatively minded gameplay programmer to come and work with us at our Liverpool based studio. Nestled deep in the heart of the city’s digital creative hub, the Baltic Triangle, we strive to hire talented, passionate individuals from a variety of backgrounds to help us create imaginative and diverse worlds. It’s all about your ability to innovate and willingness to be genuinely creative.
As a game programmer you will work closely with our design team to conceive of and implement gameplay systems. Using Unreal Engine 4, you will develop and maintain the tools and systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics and tweak and balance the game. Your work will involve all areas of gameplay engineering including game mechanics, animations, user interface, physics and VFX
• Code writing for specialist programming for video games
• Rapid prototyping of immersive gameplay using Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints and C++
• Cross discipline collaboration to iteratively evaluate, develop, design and showcase software concepts
• Development of user interfaces
• Writing of operational documentation for user training purpose
• Testing and correcting of software programs
Who we’re looking for (skills, qualifications and experience)
• A UK degree qualification in a Computer Science related discipline is paramount to this role
• Familiarity with programming concepts for AI, physics, animation and gameplay is required
• Prior experience as a programmer working on at least one shipped title
• Experience in any of the following areas is highly desirable: Unreal Engine 4 Blueprint development; source control systems such as Perforce; experience with character scripting, animation state machines and animation blending; experience of profiling and optimisation; experience working as a programmer on shipped AA or AAA titles
• Creatively minded
• Aptitude for creating fun and engaging experiences
• Strong maths skills
• Great communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving abilities
• Enthusiastic and broadly knowledgeable gamer
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.
For further information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.