Wushu Studios is looking for a talented Technical Designer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be working closely with our Design and Engineering teams to develop creative solutions to a variety of complex systems and tools and implementing those elements into the game. The ideal Technical Designer will have a passion for games, a strong understanding of the design principles behind those games, and the ability to adapt to a fluid, changing work environment as new challenges arise.
If this sounds right up your alley, then don’t wait! Get in touch at email@example.com and introduce yourself – we’d love to hear from you.
- Be a technical reference for other team members where you’ll assist, advise and otherwise support colleagues when needed
- Be hands-on with the production and implementation of working game features in collaboration with other designers and programmers
- Create prototypes and turn those design ideas from concept into shippable game mechanics
- Provide feedback to improve tools and methods
- Iterate on feedback and fix bugs
- 3+ years experience in technical design, scripting or similar
- Strong familiarity with at least one gameplay engine such Unreal Engine or Unity
- In-depth knowledge of scripting one or more scripting languages (i.e., Blueprint, XML, Lua)
- Skills and experience to rapidly turn around feedback
- Online portfolio which clearly illustrates relevant work experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in one or more of the following: AI, animation, tools, gameplay
- Understanding of 3D game math (e.g. vectors)
- Experience with 2D/3D software
- 1 or more shipped titles
- Proficiency in C/C++/C#
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Relocation Assistance
- Free Parking
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.