Wushu Studios is on the lookout for a Lead UI Artist to join our team! In this role, you’ll oversee other UI/UX designers in developing visual experiences across game and gameplay menus, working closely with the Art Director and other Game Designers to create a high-quality visual user experience. As a lead, you will need to coordinate with your artists throughout the production process via managing workloads, scheduling tasks, and setting manageable deadlines.
We are a collaborative team, so you will have a strong voice in project design, not just through visual appearance, but also on gameplay. You’ll act as a mentor to your artists, providing guidance and solutions on any issues that may arise.
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel you’re a good fit!
- Develop the look and feel of game UI
- Determine gameplay features alongside art, code and design directors and leads
- Communicate UI design to the team clearly using tools such as documentation, concepts, prototypes and wireframes
- Define and implement style guides, rule sets and templates
- Create UI that is accessible, inclusive and platform compliant
- Collaborate across disciplines to solve problems and improve our art processes
- 6+ years experience in graphic design with a focus on user experience, interfaces and menu design
- Proven experience as UI artist in the games industry
- Experience leading junior artists; providing mentorship and feedback on work
- A strong understanding of graphic design, typography and composition
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your understanding of effective user interfaces
- A knowledge of either Unreal Engine or Unity
- A knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- A knowledge of animation and transition effects
- An understanding of UI best practices and optimisations for game dev
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Relocation Assistance
- Free Parking
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country