Wushu Studios is seeking an exceptional Art Director to oversee all visual aspects of an original narrative sci-fi title. This title will be developed in Unreal Engine 4. The ideal candidate will nurture inspiration in all phases of the development cycle, from pre-production right through to launch. This position requires a high level of creative and technical originality in the direction of concepts and the approach to defining and developing this new IP. Being a highly collaborative role, you will possess strong communication and organisation skills and a desire to innovate and go above and beyond in the pursuit of quality.
If this sounds like you, get in touch and send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com. Let us know why you’d be a great fit!
- Support the art, narrative and design goals of the project
- Partner with creative leadership to identify & manage issues related to both technical & stylistic direction of the project
- Drive and oversee 2D and 3D concepts to modelling, lighting, animation and VFX to maintain cohesion
- Work alongside design teams to support and improve gameplay experience via art-driven solutions to design challenges
- Coordinate art schedules and staffing to achieve specific goals and execute artistic vision of the project
- 3 or more years’ experience displaying hands on creative leadership within game development
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases both professional and personal artistic achievements
- Ideally two or more years’ experience and at least one shipped title using Unreal Engine 4
- Strong technical understanding of modern 3D pipelines and real-time engines
- Fundamental understanding of the broader game development pipelines and processes
- An understanding and appreciation of deadlines and working to them
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to write and maintain key art documentation
- Able to mentor and guide the art team to create your vision
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Relocation Assistance
- Free Parking
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.