Wushu Studios is seeking an exceptional Art Director to oversee all visual aspects of an original narrative sci-fi title. This title will be developed in Unreal Engine 4.
The ideal candidate will nurture inspiration in all phases of the development cycle, from pre-production right through to launch. This position requires a high level of creative and technical originality in the direction of concepts and the approach to defining and developing this new IP. As this is a highly collaborative role, you will partner with Wushu’s creative leadership to identify and manage all issues related to both the technical and stylistic direction of the project and to support the art, narrative and design goals of the project.
Work will range from driving 2D and 3D concepts to modelling, lighting, animation and VFX, all of which you will oversee to maintain cohesion. You will work alongside the design team to support and improve the gameplay experience via art-driven solutions to design challenges and coordinate art schedules and staffing to achieve specific goals and execute the artistic vision of the project.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and organisation skills and a desire to innovate and go above and beyond in the pursuit of quality.
If this sounds like you, get in touch and send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com. Let us know why you’d be a great fit!
- 3 or more years’ experience displaying hands on creative leadership within game development
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases both professional and personal artistic achievements
- Ideally two or more years’ experience and at least one shipped title using Unreal Engine 4
- Strong technical understanding of modern 3D pipelines and real-time engines
- Fundamental understanding of the broader game development pipelines and processes
- An understanding and appreciation of deadlines and working to them
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to write and maintain key art documentation
- Able to mentor and guide the art team to create your vision
Perks & Benefits
These are just some of many offered by Wushu Studios.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Competitive Salaries
- Anti-Crunch Ethos
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Branded Merchandise
- Relocation Assistance
- Free Parking
- Socials Events, Project Launch/Wrap Parties
- Charity Events
Founded in 2017 by a group of industry veterans, we are a highly experienced and professional team of developers with a shared passion for video games. Nestled in the heart of Liverpool’s creative quarter, our stylish studio is situated close to hundreds of cafes, bars and restaurants, and is a stone’s throw from Lime Street station, connecting us with the rest of the country.